The TrackCarOBD comes with everything you need to start tracking your pride and joy, out of the box.
Simply plug the TrackCar module into your vehicles OBD2 port, and in seconds you can easily and securely monitor your Vehicle.
- Install in less that a minute
- 3 Year subscription included. After 3 years you have the option to renew for a further 3 Years for only $99
- NO HIDDEN MONTHLY FEES
- LIVE tracking allowing you real-time information
- MOBILE APP available for both iOS and Android devices
- Utilising Telstra and Optus 4G networks TrackCarHW automatically switches between networks as needed, giving you maximum coverage.
- Trip History – Get a full report on your vehicle’s activities such as Trips, stops and even speeding. Always be in the know and finding out on the go.
- GEO fencing – Setup virtual perimeters around a location and receive instant notifications via email when your vehicle is entering or leaving the desired location.
- Reports to review driver activity, routes, idling times, speed & stops.
- Easy replay function to see your latest trip and review history up to 90 days of stored tracking.
- TrackCar servers are all located in Australia
- Australian Owned and Operated
- Teltonika Telematics World-leading tracking hardware
What is a GPS Tracker?
A GPS tracker is a small electronic device that allows you to monitor where your vehicle is. But that’s not the only thing that GPS trackers can do for you. They have evolved greatly and can even provide you statistics of the car’s speed, maintenance requirements, and temperature, among others. Some other GPS trackers have a delay in recording the data you’re allowed access to, but the TrackCarOBD can give you the information you need in real-time.
Certain tracking systems also send alerts straight to your phone or wherever the connected software is installed to inform you about the vehicle’s location, as well as other specifics, such as speed and petrol consumption. Some trackers also let you set speed limits. They can send notifications if your vehicle deviates from a particular geographical area. This is why GPS trackers are a necessary tool for businesses, but they can be useful for you, too.
Some Benefits of Using a GPS Vehicle Tracking System
Installing a GPS tracker in your car can benefit you in many ways. Here are just some of the reasons why you should have one for your vehicle if you don’t already:
1. For Tracking Purposes
Use your GPS tracker for what it is intended for: to track your vehicle at any given time. You may not need to know where your car is every single day when it is simply parked in your garage. However, should you need to check its location it’s now so simple. For example, you go back to your parking spot and discover that your car is not there. You can immediately check and locate the vehicle.
2. Vehicle Retrieval After Theft
Vehicle theft can happen to anyone, no matter how careful you may be. Even if your car is parked on your property, it can still be stolen. With a GPS tracker installed, you can quickly locate your car and alert the authorities of it’s location.
3. Insurance Savings
Some insurance companies offer lower car insurance premium if you have a GPS tracker installed as it increases the likely hood of a recovery following theft. Make sure that you enquire about the possible reduction on your premium with your insurer after you have installed your tracker.
4. Trip Details
A GPS tracker provides valuable information regarding your driving speed, braking, acceleration, and other activities that may be deemed unsafe. Even if you are confident about your driving habits, you may still want to keep track of your trips. Perhaps you need to see the date, time, and distance. You can get the data from the GPS device.
If you were accused of speeding, you can take a quick look and defend yourself against the claim. You have the data to prove your innocence, which saves you from a hefty speeding ticket charge.
6. Improved Safety
GPS vehicle tracking allows coordination between you and another person. It keeps your car safe because you can view performance indicators. This is why investing in a good tracking solution is essential.