You can only be as good as your source material, and the new DSP-IV series greatly expands your potential for the best possible source material.
The new coaxial and optical inputs accept the digital signal from your head unit or from a portable HD player. The DSP-IV units also have a port for HD Bluetooth streaming (with the optional HD-BT module). An interactive digital port will expand your options even more. The port accepts the control input from the included Dash Remote so you can change input source, select your song, control the master volume and even control the output of your system’s bass amps. The new ADSP-Z8 IV-6AT amplifier has 6 amplified channels, while the ADSP-Z12IV 1o-A (with 12-ch. DSP) has 12 amplified channels and the ADSP-Z16IV 12-A (with 16-ch. DSP) has 12 amplified channels. About the GUI, the added Advanced menu also has a Mixing Set and an AutoTune function (except the 12-ch. and 16-ch. model), when you add the optional tuning microphone.
The new Zapco Series IV GUI gives you all the great sound and functionality of the Series IV II and it adds Coaxial digital input as well as Optical digital and Bluetooth streaming. Drop-down menus also let you name each output channel to match your system setup. The added Advanced menu also has a Mixing Set and an AutoTune
function, when you add the optional calibrated tuning microphone.
The new DSP-Z8 IV AT gives you the more options for input selection. You can have up to 8 channels of input that you can set them up instantly simply choosing 2-Ch, 4-Ch, 6-Ch, or 8-Ch on the front-page inputs section. If you need to sum channels of a factory stereo to get a full range input just click SUM and the system does it all for you. But, if your system is more complicated than standard, you also have the option to enter the Advanced menu and use the Mixing Set to manually give each channel exactly the amount of input from each input channel that will work best for your particular audio setup.
From simple to advanced, the Zapco Series IV GUI has you covered.
The DSP-IV series (except the ADSP-Z12 IV-10A and ADSP-Z16 IV-12A) processors give you automatic Calibration for Equalization, Phase, and Signal Delay, when you add the optional calibrated tuning microphone. You can choose which function of functions you wish to have the system calibrate and you can choose which channels you wish to include in the calibration. In the Graph area you can see what the system is doing by looking at the Speaker curves and/or the Equalization curves, and you can turn the target curve on or off. Calibrating all channels for all functions can typically 5 to 10 minutes to do automatically what you might spend several hours doing.
Of course, it is the human ear that will always be the final judge, but the auto tuning puts you at the point where you can do just the final tweaks and sit back and enjoy the music.
- DSP Processor: Cirrus Logic CS47048
- Power: 150 MHz/32 bit/192 KHz
- 8-Channels IN, 8-Channels OUT
- ADC: Cirrus Logic CS47048 32 bit/192 KHz
- ADC Dynamic Range/THD: 108 dB/-98 dB
- DAC: Cirrus Logic CS8422 24 bit/192 KHz
- DAC Dynamic Range/THD: 140 dB/-120 dB
- Low level (Pre)/Sensitivity: 1-5 VRMS
- High Level (Spk In)/Sens.: 2-20 V
- Digital Inputs: 24 bit-192 KHz
- Freq. Response (-3dB): 10 Hz – 22.5 KHz
- S/N Input: 110 dBA (D) – 106 dBA (A)
- THD Input: 0,002% (D) – 0,005% (A)
- Crosstalk at 1 Khz only DSP: 90 dB
- F/R EQ: 1-6 ch Gr. & Par./31 poles
- Effect EQ: 7-8 ch Gr. & Par./11 poles
- Mute/Solo: Yes, each channel
- Time Align. (Range/Steps): 0/15 ms / 0.02 ms
- Max Delay (Cm/Steps): 515 cm / 0.68 cm
- Polarity: 0/180°
- Remote Control included
- HD-BT Streaming (with optional HD-BT II-D)
- Unit Dimensions: 213(W) x 113(L) x 50(H)